NE Oregon Producers May Be Eligible For Emergency Assistance

NE Oregon farmers that suffered damage in last weekend’s flooding may be eligible for emergency assistance.  That flooding caused severe damage across Wallowa County.  Farms and ranches may be eligible for assistance under the Emergency Conservation Program (ECP).


For land to be eligible, the flooding must create new conservation problems that, if untreated, would:

  • be so costly to rehabilitate that Federal assistance is or will be needed to return the land to productive agricultural use
  • is unusual and is not the type that would recur frequently in the same area
  • affect the productive capacity of the farmland
  • impair or endanger the land


A producer qualifying for ECP assistance may receive cost-share levels not to exceed 75% of the eligible cost of restoration measures.  Socially disadvantaged and beginning farmers and ranchers can receive up to 90% of the eligible cost of restoration.


No producer is eligible for more than $500,000 cost sharing per natural disaster occurrence. The following types of measures may be eligible:

  • removing debris from farmland
  • grading, shaping, or releveling severely damaged farmland
  • restoring permanent fences
  • restoring conservation structures and other similar installations

Producers who have suffered a loss from a natural disaster may contact the local FSA County Office and request assistance.


For more information about ECP, please contact the Wallowa County FSA Office at 541-426-4521.



If you have a story idea for the Washington Ag Network, call (509) 547-1618, or e-mail [email protected]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *