The Washington Apple Education Foundation is inviting all high school students across Central Washington to participate in the organization’s annual Year of the Apple Art contest. The Washington apple themed contest will grant over $1750 cash in student prizes. First place will receive $1,000, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $250. In addition to cash prizes for students, the top three winner’s art class/teacher will win a $150 Amazon gift card for art supplies.
The deadline to apply is May 1st.
Registration forms may be found on WAEF’s Website, or by calling (509) 663-7713.
- Who: Current high school students in Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Okanogan, Walla Walla and Yakima counties.
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $1,000 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA. 98801
- When: Deadline of May 1, 2020
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents in kids in tree fruit communities!
The Year of the Apple Art Contest is sponsored by Corteva Agriscience.
If you have a story idea for the Washington Ag Network, call (509) 547-1618, or e-mail [email protected]