Over the weekend, Washington lawmakers approved a two-year state capital budget, House Bill 1080. Several farm focused projects across the state will get funding in the upcoming biennium, including:
- $4.2 million for Sunnyside Valley Irrigation District
- $300,000 for the Selah-Moxee Irrigation District
- $235,000 for the Yakima Valley Fair in Grandview
- $5 Million in Funding for East Low 22.1 North I-90 Odessa Aquifer Groundwater Replacement Project
- $1.03 million for the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic in Kennewick
- $326 million to the State Broadband Office for broadband infrastructure projects, including $50 million in bonds to leverage other federal funding.
- $42 million for the Yakima River Basin.
- $45 million for the Office of Columbia River.
Click Here for a detailed breakdown of the approved capital budget. The capital budget was approved 49-0 in the Senate and 98-0 in the House, and now goes to Governor Jay Inslee for his signature.
If you have a story idea for the PNW Ag Network, call (509) 547-1618, or e-mail [email protected]