Oregon NRCS Looking To Keep Land In Production

Oregon’s NRCS is currently accepting applications for Agricultural Land Easements until February 4th. Easement Programs Specialist​, Chris Chapa, said ALE is one of two parts of the Ag conservation program and provides financial support to eligible partners to keep farm land in production.

“Anyone can use ALE as long as you’re a working farm or ranch and you own the ranch or farm. You can apply by reaching out to any local entity.”

He noted, nonprofits, tribal farmers, local governments are eligible to apply for funding.

“The landowner’s participation with the entity is to come up with a plan to make sure the future looks viable and to continue it as a working ranch or farm in perpetuity.”

Cropland, rangeland, grassland, pastureland and non-industrial private forestland are all eligible for ALE. To find out if you qualify, or to have your specific questions answered, contact your local NRCS office.

If you have a story idea for the PNW Ag Network, call (509) 547-1618, or e-mail [email protected]

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *